Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse: They’re packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein. Not only does this pudding make a great starting point for breakfast, a healthy snack, or textured dessert, but since the seeds absorb up to 10 times their weight in water and expand in the stomach, it will keep you hydrated, satisfied, and full of energy! You may substitute the milk, fruit and nuts to your liking – don’t be afraid to put your own spin to it!
1 cup low fat milk
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey, plus 4 tablespoons for serving
1 pinch Kosher salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 cups mixed berries
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together the chia seeds, milk, yogurt, honey, and salt until just blended, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, stir the pudding to redistribute the seeds – the mixture will attain a creamy mixture sort of like tapioca pudding.
- Toss the berries with the remaining honey and spoon the pudding into bowls or glasses; mound the berry mixture and almonds on top of the pudding to serve.
Our favorite combinations so far are:
• Coconut milk, toasted coconut, agave, and bananas
• Peaches, cinnamon, and nutmeg
• Mango and lime zest